Options

Keyword search issues

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited July 25, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Seriously? I thought I had this sorted out. Many times. Uploading 13,000 keyworded photos to my site over the next few days. Keyword search is how we sell to people. Again, not working as expected. Old galleries that have worked in the past are no longer searching? Whats up with this? What are we doing wrong. I know this has cost us tons of sales.

Here is the site. www.theinfinitymachine.com
Searching from within a gallery for number plates does not seem to be working within galleries. Searching from within subcats seems to work marginally.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 25, 2012
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2012
    out of curiousity I got a zenfolio trial account. Uploaded a handful of the same photos to a very basic test gallery and the search works as expected. And it is fast. What are we doing wrong that my SM site does not function like this?
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 25, 2012
    Hi Rob, sorry about this. The issue of gallery search not working has been reported and our engineers are working on fixing it. The homepage search does work, so in the mean time you can provide your customers with instructions in the gallery description to search from your homepage. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Ana
    SmugMug Support
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2012
    Sorry I jumped ship. Bad search was killing our biz. We had no time to wait on this one.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2012
    Hi Rob,
    While I understand that this may be too late for you and you may have moved on already, I still wanted to update you that we have resolved the issue and search should be working properly again.
    We definitely would like to keep you as a customer and would appreciate it if you would reconsider to give us another chance.

I'm wishing you all the best however you may decide. Thanks for being our customer over the past years!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    melissaraemelissarae Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 25, 2012
    Nope. Still not working.
    I have this problem, and I'm under deadline. Could be user error, I suppose, but I've looked through every setting I can think of, read through multiple forums, and I can't find a solution anywhere.

My gallery is not unlisted.

My gallery is not password protected.

I can see the keywords under the photo, and if I click one, it brings me to a keyword search results page.

Actually search for that same keyword? No results.

Of coure if I'm logged in, it works like a charm. But that doesn't help my clients.

Gallery's here, if you want to see it.

As I said, this may be user error...but shouldn't this be easier? Zenfolio appears to be very easy, and works great.