Options

Borders

InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited November 11, 2005 in Technique
Hi all!

I did a search, because I do remember seeing a few threads with tutorials for borders. All I am looking for is a simple on color border that I can throw my name on. I've found a few bands that use my photos, but recognition is not given, this has been fixed, but to avoid it in the future, I just want to have all of my pictures have my name attached. I tried a watermark, but did not like the turnout. Any help? I'm a beginner in PS , I have Version 7. Thanks!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Comments

• Options
    MarkSMarkS Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    I just learned this myself and I know there are some good posts here. To make a simple one color border in Ps click Image>resize>canvas size...in the popup change inches to pixels enter the size of the border you want. I find that between 100 & 150 pixels work best for writing on. Be sure relative is checked and the anchor is centered. Hit ok and you are done. The border will be in your back ground color. With some pictures I find that it helps to use a 2 tone border. Make a 20 pixel black border and then repeat te process for a 100 pixel white border. Have fun playing with it.
  • Options
    InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2005
    Thanks MarkS!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."