Last minute #105

GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
edited June 25, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
My current image is of the birds, but I guess there's a question about whether it's high key or not? Shall I switch? I know it's last minute but in case anyone's looking my two options are:
1. Couch Potatoes:
HighKeyBearsIMG0464-L.jpg

2. (Current Entry) Couples Therapy
3BirdsIMG4653-L.jpg

Thanks for anyone's help! GP

Comments

• JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    Oh greta- I didn't mean to make you question your entry, it fits right in with the examples that JAG posted, and with the majority of the entries in the gallery. A couple of times I almost started a discussion in the challenge announcement post about the difference between what I think of as high key and the examples that JAG posted, but I never got around it it. It's kind of silly of me to have brought it up now...

I love the cormorant shot.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    Oh greta- I didn't mean to make you question your entry, it fits right in with the examples that JAG posted, and with the majority of the entries in the gallery. A couple of times I almost started a discussion in the challenge announcement post about the difference between what I think of as high key and the examples that JAG posted, but I never got around it it. It's kind of silly of me to have brought it up now...

I love the cormorant shot.

I thought the same thing as you did... about the differences between the examples posted and true high key... but like you didn't want to open that whole can of worms... maybe we should have?

I love your birds Greta... and between the two choices here... I'd stick with the birds and take my chances. It's a lovely photo.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    ... does make me want to go home and double check my histogram to make sure my pastels make the grade of true "high key".
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    Thank you both for your comments....always learning here! OK, I guess I'll stick to the birds. I tried to look up the elements of high key but it seems like there's so much variation and not so clear. Anyway, THANKS :)
  • JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    Where did you shoot the cormorants, btw? I used to see them all time sitting in the buoys in Alamitos Bay, but that's a nicer foreground.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    Where did you shoot the cormorants, btw? I used to see them all time sitting in the buoys in Alamitos Bay, but that's a nicer foreground.

I live in Encino, CA (SanFernando Valley) and spend a lot of time at the Sepulveda Basin (Bird) Wildlife Preserve, specifically Balboa Lake for the Cormorants. GP