Options

Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge #106 Country Spirit

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited July 9, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Welcome to Round #106 of the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenges.

It will run from Monday, June 25, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8) on through Monday, July 9, 2012 8:00pm PST time (GMT -8).

The theme this round for your interpretation will be: Country Spirit

Regardless of what Country you live in, show us your Country's Spirit in your image. Capture something that you think best describes a portion or all of your country. Lets not have a gallery full of flags (although I am not limiting you from doing so), rather lets see the essence of life and proud heritage of your Country.

Whether it is of a building or statue that represents something significant or of people or community that is coming together... its totally up to your interpretation!

There are no editing restrictions this round.

Your Judge:

1 round 72 Hour Public Vote.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Your entry is to be submitted directly into a SmugMug gallery. It's pretty simple, just go to the gallery link below, and follow the upload instructions at the top of the page:

DSS #106 Entry Gallery

Remember, the basics stay the same: 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Do not use a minimal save method (such as "save for web"), and your EXIF will be embedded in your image, no worries!

To avoid disqualification, read, in full, the Dgrin Sharp Shooters Challenge RULES.

Comments

• Options
    cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    Ah, it's such a shame that this wasn't the challenge after - on the 18th I'll going somewhere just full of Britishness : http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/events/foh-2012/
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,954 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    I'm going on a trip on Tuesday until the 30th so I probably won't be able to participate here that much. I will have internet, but I will have to pay by the minute I think it unlikely that I will do well enough to need to start the next challenge.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2012
    grandmaR wrote: »
    I'm going on a trip on Tuesday until the 30th so I probably won't be able to participate here that much. I will have internet, but I will have to pay by the minute I think it unlikely that I will do well enough to need to start the next challenge.

Have a great trip!
  • Options
    arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    Hi I just uploaded one - I have a small logo on the bottom left. the rules say 'no branding' but 'a small signature is recommended'. Is my logo considered a signature or branding? Is that ok? If not, can someone please delete it - I am not allowed to delete pix.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2012
    arjunrc wrote: »
    Hi I just uploaded one - I have a small logo on the bottom left. the rules say 'no branding' but 'a small signature is recommended'. Is my logo considered a signature or branding? Is that ok? If not, can someone please delete it - I am not allowed to delete pix.

yes your logo is considered branding. Also your exif is missing so it would be dq'ed for that too. Be sure that if you upload a new unbranded image, that your exif to the original image is included with a link under the title or that you upload the actual original image without a stripped exif. I will delete this image for you.
  • Options
    arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    Ok. By 'original' do you mean original sized? I assume a reduced 800x600 is ok? I did not realize Lightroom was stripping exif when I exported. Will fix that too.
    JAG wrote: »
    yes your logo is considered branding. Also your exif is missing so it would be dq'ed for that too. Be sure that if you upload a new unbranded image, that your exif to the original image is included with a link under the title or that you upload the actual original image without a stripped exif. I will delete this image for you.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2012
    arjunrc wrote: »
    Ok. By 'original' do you mean original sized? I assume a reduced 800x600 is ok? I did not realize Lightroom was stripping exif when I exported. Will fix that too.

Size doesn't matter so much since we have the gallery default set for xlarge, the images will automatically be resized for you.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    Jag - have noticed my entry is now missing from the Gallery. Is this because I have gone in and changed the title? Should I just re-upload to the Gallery.
    Thanks. Judy.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    torrbrae wrote: »
    Jag - have noticed my entry is now missing from the Gallery. Is this because I have gone in and changed the title? Should I just re-upload to the Gallery.
    Thanks. Judy.

I can see your entry when I am signed into the gallery but not when I am signed out. This means that somehow it was hidden. I will have it fixed for you so you do not need to re-upload. It might take some time as I have to ask an administrator to lend a helping hand.
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    Judy, rethinking on waiting for administrator to fix as it might take too long. So go ahead and re-submit to the gallery and when you do, I will remove the first one.
  • Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    Jag - thank you for that. Have resubmitted my entry.
    Judy
  • Options
    RuSuRuSu Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    Can't figure out...
    how to upload. I signed out of my SM account, but do not see an upload button. All I see is a slideshow button. Can anyone help me please?
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    RuSu wrote: »
    how to upload. I signed out of my SM account, but do not see an upload button. All I see is a slideshow button. Can anyone help me please?

Susan once you've signed out sign back in as "challenges" with "challenges" as the password and the upload button should appear wings.gif