Options

Headshot of my son

JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited June 29, 2012 in People
Hello it has been a while. It is my boy's senior year this year and I have been put in charge of the photos. I have not done many shots like this and for this one I studied a lot on the web including here on the stickey. This was taken with a d7000 and a tameron 28-75 2.8 lens. Camera setup was 100 iso, 1/250 @f4 using 2 sb700's and a few reflectors. Post was done with nikon viewnx2 and the gimp. I think this will be the final product of the shooting session that we had that day. I am interested in what you guys think of the pose, the color, mistakes in the processing, or whatever I could do better.

Thanks

Sean-5x7-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2012
    Looks like you did a good job. The lighting is nice and clean, and his eyes are bright. I can't say whether it's the right expression for your son, (you and he certainly know better than I do). My only nit is that I wish he were standing a bit taller so his shoulders wouldn't be a little slumped
  • Options
    JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2012
    Yeah it does look like he is slumping. Maybe a different crop

Sean-8x10-L.jpg

Maybe his body position needed to be turned a bit more square with the camera or I should have shot more to my left. I am thinking I had him sitting pretty straight.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    Remember guys like to lean on things, that would have helped the composition. However it is a very nice shot of him.