Options

Pro Versus Power

AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited July 1, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
A quick question and here seemed like the right place to ask it.
I am currently a power user looking at a pro account. With sales of prints what happens with sales made on the power account? Do I as owner make anything out of turning on "allow prints" or is it only on the pro account that the owner of the photos makes money out of selling prints? With my limited knowledge I turn off "Allow prints" thinking I do not receive anything if any are sold.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    Hi Ralph,

You cannot generate profit if you have a Power account. You can only set your selling prices and generate profit, if you have a Pro account. You can block printing if you have a Power account as well, you'd just need to go to your gallery settings and disable the printable option in the Printing section.

Please read more about it here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93274-blocking-printing-and-protecting-your-images

We have a detailed overview on the different account types, features and prices here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/photo-sharing-features/

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    Thanks Bea, I have read those pages but I still was not clear on whether any of the proceeds came your way on a power account. Beats me why people would want to leave that turned on then.
    I know how to turn off that option and have done so in all my albums.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    We have a lot of Basic and Power users that have print sales turned on to allow their friends and family to easily buy prints in all or just certain galleries.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero