Options

Oregon

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
edited July 3, 2012 in Journeys
I had the opportunity to visit Oregon for the first time! Here are a couple of shots I snapped while there. I'd love any feedback. Do you think I processed too much?

1. Lighthouse #1
i-2QsmHZn-L.jpg

2. Lighthouse #2
i-mCPbmNb-L.jpg

3. Rocks and Water
i-ZvtDZHb-L.jpg

4. Rocky Shore
i-XsHrFRd-L.jpg
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    FenixFenix Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 29, 2012
    They are all beautiful, but I really like that first image of the lighthouse the best. The leading lines work well.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Just my two-cents as a native Oregonian, yes, these are mostly overprocessed.

It's a really pretty state and a simple ND grad filter and the right light is generally all the processing you need. I personally think those first three shots look fake and not in a good way.

Again, just my two-cents.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Logic 7Logic 7 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Have not gotten there yet but have to agree with dogwood. Then again I only like real looking HDR's
    Jeff
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2012
    Thank you for your comments. My family loves these, but I thought they looked too fake, too. I appreciate your honesty!
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2012
    I dont care if they are over processed. I think they are all awesome! The first two are gorgeous!
    Sorry i cant be any more constructive than to say your photographs are extremely pleasing too look at and make we wanna visit Oregon someday.

windoze
  • Options
    YetishotYetishot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    The lighthouse is great! The stream maybe a bit over done but a nice set just the same.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    yeah, the HDR is too overcooked for my taste as well. properly done HDR should just balance the exposure between highlights and shadows a bit, not to make it look like a video-game scene or a painting. the 2nd and 3rd ones especially are way overdone. the last one of Cannon Beach is probably the best of the lot.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    Like number four the most. I would like to see larger images though.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil