Threading the needle

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited November 12, 2005 in Holy Macro
:dunno I dont know what forum to put them in.

Finally got out to shoot this morning after almost a week without..i was getting jumpy.

44129185-M.jpg

44129188-M.jpg

44129190-M.jpg

44129180-M.jpg

44129181-M.jpg

44129182-M.jpg

44129176-M.jpg

44129187-M.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Ohhhh That Looks Dangerous
    Humungus wrote:
    ne_nau.gif I dont know what forum to put them in.

Finally got out to shoot this morning after almost a week without..i was getting jumpy.
    Wow my goodness... as much as I would love to go up on a Chopper again I dunno that I wanna do that eek7.gif ohhhhhh yes call me a sooky-lah-lah if you will no amount of trying to talk me into that kinda flight would work :uhoh

Is that some kind of Tower for Electricity or what Guss ???
    What a great series of shots....... good action shots, well done clap.gifthumb.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Is that some kind of Tower for Electricity or what Guss ???
    What a great series of shots....... good action shots, well done clap.gifthumb.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Ta skip.. new set of transmission towers being threaded with line. The chopper pulls the new line in over those big wheels.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Totally dig these - and the last is like a choreographed dance of some sort.
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    That looks rather scary for all involved. :uhoh In #7 it looks like the blades are about level with the dude at the top of the tower. I know that's probably not the case but it looks like it.

Ever work on one of these crews?

Good series all around. thumb.gif
    edited November 12, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Totally dig these - and the last is like a choreographed dance of some sort.
    It does look like that mate. My real problem was 400 was just too long to get the men & the chopper in & 135 was just too short. Am going to have to get a 70-200 f/4 soon.
    edited November 12, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    That looks rather scary for all involved. :uhoh In #7 it looks like the blades are about level with the dude at the top of the tower. I know that's probably not the case but it looks like it.

Ever work on one of these crews?

Good series all around. thumb.gif
    Tks phil...i have one shot of the tail rotor coming down over one of the fella's heads & he is looking up at it as if to get ready to move out of the way. In reality its prob 60 odd feet away but the lens shows it as close.