Options

Credulous

kultenkulten Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited June 30, 2012 in Landscapes
Equipment: Nikon D200, Nikkor 50/1.8, 30s at f8, ISO 100, 50mm

dsc0989d.jpg

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Flickr

Nikon D200 | Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6 ex dc hsm| Nikkor 35/2.0 | Nikkor 50/1.8 | Rolleiflex T Tessar 75/3.5

Comments

• Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    i like the stark simplicity and the tonal quality, but the rock's just a bit too centered for my taste. i think it might look even better with more sky and less water, and the rock closer to the bottom of the frame...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i like the stark simplicity and the tonal quality, but the rock's just a bit too centered for my taste. i think it might look even better with more sky and less water, and the rock closer to the bottom of the frame...

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    I'm gonna go against the grain here. I think it looks better the way you have it than if you cropped the lower portion of the water out. I think the negative space in this shot is just as important to the composition as the rock itself. Besides, this is your interpretation of this scene so if you like it this way, I'd leave it.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited June 30, 2012
    I'm digging the centered comp on this as well. nod.gif