Andrea

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited June 30, 2012 in People
IMG9230-Edit-L.jpg

I'm not on the up and up with the whole modeling thing, but I know how to use an umbrella and Scott Kelby's Light it, Shoot it, Retouch it book. This is the result of that quasi-knowledge.

I made this image at a "strobist" group meetup here in Tampa, FL. Great group of helpful folks. If you live around here, look us up on Meetup.com.

C&C welcome as always, you can say it's crap...I enjoy that...keeps me on my toes.

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Hi Quincy T,

1) Beautiful model
    2) Chopped off arm
    3) Missing foot
    4) Bright spot on forehead
    5) Harsh shadows

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    www.northcarolinaphotos.smugmug.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Hey Quincy... I think you did great for not doing this kind of stuff.

I don't mind the missing arm and foot. It's not like they're missing because of a badly cropped photo. I also like the attempt at the moody lighting but I think angle of the light created unflattering shadows. I don't think that the shadows are too deep. I just think they hit her face in the wrong places. The shadows on her cheek and jaw line make her face look too angular and masculine. Also, the eyes are too dark. I slight shift of the light down would have helped these issues.

OH... and I really hate that chair. Maybe my personal home decor taste is coloring my opinion but that chair is butt ugly.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Thanks, cuban, I have a couple of shots which have the light a bit lower. I'll work on those.

Thank you, Chuck, for giving me what I asked for ;)