Options

Morning Maternity Shoot

FenixFenix Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited July 26, 2012 in People
Hello, I'm new here so I thought I'd share some of my images from my most recent shoot to get to know some of you. These are some shots from my Maternity shoot today, I'm always open to constructive criticism so please comment if you would like to. I'm really excited about this place, looks like a great forum!!!

rsIMG_4081spp.jpg

rsIMG_4043.jpg

rsIMG_3924.jpg

Comments

• Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    Welcome !! You are right this IS a great forum :) Nice images, the water lillies are beautiful but to me they just don't connect with the mother to be, maybe someone can suggest an alternate pose here. Don't be shy, post away !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2012
    First of all, welcome to Dgrin and the People forum Fenix. So glad you've joined and I look forward to seeing many more photos from you.

OK... so now to your photos. Love the last image. There are some minor nits with it but overall it's a great image and I am positive that the couple is going to love it.

I think the other two are kind of misses. Angle in the first one and the comp in the second. We all take bad shots. It's just a matter of learning which to cull and which to keep. Keep shooting and posting.

- Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    FenixFenix Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 24, 2012
    Thank you both for the feedback. The first image turned out to be the most liked one on facebook. I hear you on the angle but something about that one resonates with me. The second one I cropped because her face just was wrong and the other ones at the pond were too blown out on the lillies, I wasn't giving up so I tried something different. And you were right the clients loved the last image it was their favorite of the shoot. :) Thanks again. Look forward to posting and discussing more.
  • Options
    RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    I think the last one is traditional. I applaud your efforts on 1 and 2. Providing the traditional, along with something a bit more quirky, is a great way to set yourself apart in a very crowded market.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Options
    GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2012
    I don't think 1 is a miss at all. If you'd been able to get a little higher so you could have shot a bit more straight down, it might have worked even better. But I like the lighting and the feel. #3 is beautiful too -- looks like you captured a lovely moment between mom- & dad-to-be. Great work.