Options

alpine view

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited July 1, 2012 in Landscapes
went out exploring along one of the forest service access roads that wind all through the hills around here, and stopped for a couple of photos... that's 14,410-ft Mt Rainier, an active volcano, in the background... sky was way too bright, but with a polarizer and a 3-stop grad ND, and some judicious processing, i was able to salvage the sky...

IMG_0530rdxsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Options
    LightMagicLightMagic Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    Very nice!
  • Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    I find myself wondering what this would look like without the managed forest/clearcut plantations.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    I find myself wondering what this would look like without the managed forest/clearcut plantations.

yeah, unfortunately, this area is pretty heavily dotted with that kind of plantations. most of the woodland in the area is either NFS or timber company owned, and while we do have some of the most stringent requirements in the country for replanting logged areas, it does take a while for those reforested areas to "grow up". i suppose i could have doctored the image to eliminate that treeline between the older growth and the newer plantings in the foreground, but that woulda been too much work... ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com