Options

Victoria Beach

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited July 4, 2012 in Landscapes
My favorite from Victoria Beach, Laguna CA... will definately have to go back when it's not high tide and maybe at sun rise.

Victoria-Beach-291-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 2, 2012
    Fabulous composition, Lisa. bowdown.gif What is that tower? A tree carving?

There is some haloing from the processing (HDR?) around the tower that could be addressed. Not easy to do, but this image is well worth the time to perfect. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    Fabulous composition, Lisa. bowdown.gif What is that tower? A tree carving?

There is some haloing from the processing (HDR?) around the tower that could be addressed. Not easy to do, but this image is well worth the time to perfect. thumb.gif

Thanks! I used a plug in to help bring the tower out of the shadows... so that's probably where the haloing is coming from. I'll see what I can do to fix that. This was a challenging subject. I wanted sunset in the photo... but that leaves the tower with very little light on it. Plus, it just so happened that sunset lined up with high tide. The beach completely disappears so to try and get a better angle wasn't going to happen. Tide will be lowest this coming Saturday at sunrise... so I may have to try and get a sunrise shot. At least there will be light on the tower then. This tower was built in 1929 and actually contains a spiral staircase that would provide beach access to the house that was on the cliff above. I just love it because it seems so out of place for where it is and it reminds me of a fairy tale.

The staircase inside:
    Victoria-Beach-038-L.jpg

Beach access:
    Victoria-Beach-054-L.jpg
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    I'm envious or your shots, I've been in that area 3 times and could not find a place to park within reason. Can't walk those hills either but will keep trying. I love your last one showing the rock texture and waves at the base of the tower.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2012
    OrvSal wrote: »
    I'm envious or your shots, I've been in that area 3 times and could not find a place to park within reason. Can't walk those hills either but will keep trying. I love your last one showing the rock texture and waves at the base of the tower.

This was my first time there... I found a parking spot right on PCH. But the hill down to the stairs... walking backing up to PCH... OMG!!! I was there Saturday... the charley horse in my calf has just today begun to go away! But still better that I parked on PCH than in that neighborhood... my poor manual transmission in my car didn't like that steep hill. Someone could offer to outright give me a house on that street and I'd have to decline! But the beach is well worth the effort.