6788520-L.jpg

Practising long exposures..

6788750-L.jpg

'Lines' and Devil's Peak

6788746-L.jpg

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Cool shots Simone, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds challenge shots before and after the event
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Love those reflections shots, SeeMoon. nod.gif It took me a bit to realize what I was looking at in the first one.

Here are some things I found helpful for long exposures: try using a neutral density filter if you want traffic trails. My G3 has an internal one. With the dSLR I'll have to buy some to put on the lenses. The filter doesn't change anything but the amount of light that gets in. It allows you to do long exposures, get great traffic trails, without overexposing anything. The other thing I found handy was shooting one exposure for the sky and another for the ground, then combining them. It's a way to get the best of both worlds.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    Thanks! Just what i needed! I even have a filter like that, now i know where to use it for. rolleyes1.gif (gave away my haircolor..again!)

The reflection was made hanging out of the window of the 11th floor; camerastrap around my neck!

6788542-S.jpg
  • SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Cool shots Simone, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds challenge shots before and after the event

Thanks Gubbs..can't find that 'off' switch.. :D