New Street

PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
edited July 8, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I have updated my Street Gallery quite a bit with some style changes, re-edits, and new shots. The Link is below and I would love some C&C on the Gallery as a whole. Thanks

http://www.davidweissphotos.com/Street-Scenes/Street-Photography/18154776_hQXDpc

IMG4085-L.jpg
David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
My Website
Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |

Comments

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    bump
    My Website
  • richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    Overall, the set is quite good. I may throw out ~10 images and organizing it slightly different (e.g. the China one is obviously China). They are competent work. Nothing "wow" me per se, but nothing wrong with that. A couple is almost there, so keep clicking that shutter. Good work.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    I have updated my Street Gallery quite a bit with some style changes, re-edits, and new shots. The Link is below and I would love some C&C on the Gallery as a whole. Thanks

http://www.davidweissphotos.com/Street-Scenes/Street-Photography/18154776_hQXDpc

IMG4085-L.jpg

This one is a wonderful take on the old saw about people and their dogs looking alike. Nicely done.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    I looked through your gallery. There are some excellent shots in there, but still some culling left to do. I'm questioning the processing and style though. You obviously went to a lot of effort to get everything into a square crop (I like squares) and processed consistently. But it feels forced.

As to this particular image, I'm with B.D. I like it!
    edited July 5, 2012
    richardman wrote: »
    Overall, the set is quite good. I may throw out ~10 images and organizing it slightly different (e.g. the China one is obviously China). They are competent work. Nothing "wow" me per se, but nothing wrong with that. A couple is almost there, so keep clicking that shutter. Good work.

thank you. i'm not sure what you mean about china being obvious. Are you saying because China is a ll grouped together and shouldn't be?
    My Website
  • richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2012
    thank you. i'm not sure what you mean about china being obvious. Are you saying because China is a ll grouped together and shouldn't be?

Right, I am just suggesting that rather than lumping China pics with the rest, just have another folder? Only my opinions of course. YMMV.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
    edited July 5, 2012
    richardman wrote: »
    Right, I am just suggesting that rather than lumping China pics with the rest, just have another folder? Only my opinions of course. YMMV.

i gotcha. thanks for the imput
    My Website
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2012
    Your page is s...l...o....w to load. After about 15 seconds of a banner and nothing else, my attention defect kicked in and I clicked away.

Too bad because the image posted in this thread is quite good. Would love to see more of your work.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited July 6, 2012
    Your page is s...l...o....w to load. After about 15 seconds of a banner and nothing else, my attention defect kicked in and I clicked away.

Too bad because the image posted in this thread is quite good. Would love to see more of your work.

Not sure why you are having problems. It is a standard SmugMug pro page with very little graphics and no background image. I have checked it out on multiple browsers in multiple locations and the page loads quickly. Anybody else having issues?
    My Website
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 7, 2012
    Loads normally for me, ne_nau.gif.

Nice work, but I agree with the others that some culling is in order. Better to knock people's socks off with a page or two than to overload them, IMO.
    edited July 8, 2012
    deleted some photos and separated the gallery into "New York" and "China"

http://www.davidweissphotos.com/Street-Scenes
    My Website