Old friends...

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited July 3, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Straight out from a flu for 4 days, I thought I felt better on the 5th day so I went out again and took my camera with me to fight my boredom. There would be a parade in town so I went to the central district at around 6am hoping to get some interesting shots before the parade. I saw these group of fine gentlemen and asked if I could take a picture of them. They agreed and gave me a good smile. Thank you very much for viewing.

7493263900_cfc23326cd_b.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200mm f/4.5 - 5.6 lens, ISO 800, f/8 at 1/400 second.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    Pleasant shot Jiro. It reminds me of a shot I took of a group of older friends in far north Shanghai. What helps this one is the young gentleman sitting on the end of the bench. Nice generational bridge.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    And the fact that the bench is chained to the lamp post. Very nice. (I would, however, look at the original again to see if you might have over sharpened it a bit. If you haven't sharpened it in processing, I might check my camera settings and turn down the sharpening.)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    Pleasant shot Jiro. It reminds me of a shot I took of a group of older friends in far north Shanghai. What helps this one is the young gentleman sitting on the end of the bench. Nice generational bridge.

Thank you very much, michswiss. :Dthumb.gif

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    And the fact that the bench is chained to the lamp post. Very nice. (I would, however, look at the original again to see if you might have over sharpened it a bit. If you haven't sharpened it in processing, I might check my camera settings and turn down the sharpening.)

Thank you very much, bdcolen. I only applied a slight sharpening in a judicious way. The image is really noisy to start with shooting at ISO 800 with a Nikon D70. I even applied some noise reduction to it to reduce the grain. I'll try to run another edit from the original and see if i have applied the sharpening to be more than what is needed. Thanks. :Dthumb.gif

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    Based on what I see here, Jiro, I might try not applying any sharpening.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    Slight hijack....

BD-
    What would be the indicators to hint at over sharpening? Are there certain artifacts in the post processed image which give that away?