Kid's soccer today

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited November 14, 2005 in Sports
Still trying to figure out the best location for soccer pics. The sun was harsh today and never in good position. My daughter's team played on a large field with no subs! Can you spell exhaustion?

44178733-M.jpg

44178737-M.jpg

44178721-M.jpg

44178751-M.jpg

44178744-M.jpg

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Real nice Mitchell, your kids are growing so up so quickly. Have you tried the High speed crop yet for sports?
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Still trying to figure out the best location for soccer pics. The sun was harsh today and never in good position. My daughter's team played on a large field with no subs! Can you spell exhaustion?

I like to stand behind the goal line and grab the "shots" as they approach...
    i always choose the side with the sun to my back and i "pray" for cloud cover if a harsh sun threatens...
    nice pics!!!!

troy
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Real nice Mitchell, your kids are growing so up so quickly. Have you tried the High speed crop yet for sports?
    Haven't used this feature yet. I really don't fire off 5 fps. My biggest problem is that I'm not comfortable with which focus mode I should use. I'm in continuous servo, but I have not decided which of the other 4 modes is best for soccer.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    Mitchell wrote:

I like to stand behind the goal line and grab the "shots" as they approach...
    i always choose the side with the sun to my back and i "pray" for cloud cover if a harsh sun threatens...
    nice pics!!!!

troy
    Troy,

You are very lucky. The field where my kids play does not allow parents anywhere except the single sideline opposite the player's benches. Parents are NOT allowed behind the goals.:cry I keep dreaming of how much better my shots would be from that angle. All I could do today was try to keep the sun as much on my back as possible.
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Troy,

You are very lucky. The field where my kids play does not allow parents anywhere except the single sideline opposite the player's benches. Parents are NOT allowed behind the goals.:cry I keep dreaming of how much better my shots would be from that angle. All I could do today was try to keep the sun as much on my back as possible.
    Nice action shots Mitch. I use AI servo for soccer, I don't really know about the different focusing modes in the Nikon world. Focus looks good on these.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    Those are some really nice crisp shots, looks like you did well at keeping thier faces lit with the sun.
    Depth of field looks good. Cropping is great, maybe just a little tighter on the first two.
    I usually try to move around so I can keep the sun in their face as much as possible, sometimes its tough trying to do that and keep a clean background.
    What Camera/Lens are you using? If you are using a Nikon, you will need to use Continuous Servo with Matrix Metering to keep all the action sharp.