Challenge 51 - hobby symbolized in another

tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
edited November 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I had thoughts about using my marble chess set, very old monopoly and scrabble games and see that later others were thinking the same way/ There are some great entries using those ideas among all the other great entries.

I was looking through my EKJ collection (a 20+ year hobby) and came across this.

I don't know if any of these work, but I thought a hobby or two plus games can be represented in each photo.

The 1964 Worlds Fair was full of fun and games, Emmet the clown taking a picture represents a hobby I have, plus the figurine itself is another of my hobbies.

The last picture with the boxed figures in the background represent this particular hobby in need of a homexzicon_smile_cool.gif

44031045-L.jpg

44031027-L.jpg

44030989-L.jpg

Any thoughts - or perhaps I should start thinking about birds for the next oneicon10.gif

Comments

• erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    I think it's a neat hobby and this set will appeal to the photographers on this website. That said, the lighting isn't appealing. Seems too cold and this image seems to want a nostalgic mood.

Erich
  • tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    erich6 wrote:
    I think it's a neat hobby and this set will appeal to the photographers on this website. That said, the lighting isn't appealing. Seems too cold and this image seems to want a nostalgic mood.

Erich
    Thanks Erich - I tried something different and at least I think the cold look is gone. Getting more nostalgic I think I have a problem with...
    Here is the same figurine in a different setting

44293349-L.jpg
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    tonyd wrote:
    Thanks Erich - I tried something different and at least I think the cold look is gone. Getting more nostalgic I think I have a problem with...
    Here is the same figurine in a different setting
    Definately better. I wonder how it would look if you converted it into a sepia tone or B&W..donno if you would loose some of the detail...just a thought.
  • tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    I did b/w and sepia but I liked the color version better. I tried making it look old and weathered too.
    44293705-L-1.jpg

44293730-L-2.jpg

44299675-L.jpg

44299644-L.jpg
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    I like the color one too. This last version is much better. Good job! thumb.gif

Erich