Options

Subcategories, Nicknames Duplicate Issue

lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
edited July 14, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am in the process of trying to reorganize some galleries. I have a "Babies" Category. To date it has ten galleries, with two subjects - one granddaughter (Abigail) and one grandson (Landon).

Unfortunately, I originally set up a gallery for Abigail entitled "Abigail" and the same for "Landon". I have since changed the galleries name to "Abigail 2009" and "Landon 2011".

Now I want to have subcategories for each grandchild using their first names, but when I try to add a subcategory for "Abigail" I get a message that says "That Nickname already exists".

So do I create a new gallery and move all the photos from the original galleries named "Abigail" and "Landon" to free up the nickname?

Or is there another method?

Thanks, Phil
http://www.PhilsImaging.com
"You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
Phil

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    I am in the process of trying to reorganize some galleries. I have a "Babies" Category. To date it has ten galleries, with two subjects - one granddaughter (Abigail) and one grandson (Landon).

Unfortunately, I originally set up a gallery for Abigail entitled "Abigail" and the same for "Landon". I have since changed the galleries name to "Abigail 2009" and "Landon 2011".

Now I want to have subcategories for each grandchild using their first names, but when I try to add a subcategory for "Abigail" I get a message that says "That Nickname already exists".

So do I create a new gallery and move all the photos from the original galleries named "Abigail" and "Landon" to free up the nickname?

Or is there another method?

Thanks, Phil
    For each of those galleries change the NiceNames in the gallery settings and that should resolve the issue.

Abigail change to Abigail-2009
    Landon change to Landon-2011

This should open up the NiceNames Landon & Abigail
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    richW wrote: »
    For each of those galleries change the NiceNames in the gallery settings and that should resolve the issue.

Abigail change to Abigail-2009
    Landon change to Landon-2011

This should open up the NiceNames Landon & Abigail

That was easy! Thank you.

Now if the "Nickname" error message had a link or text indicating where to edit the nickname that would help others in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2012
    That was easy! Thank you.

Now if the "Nickname" error message had a link or text indicating where to edit the nickname that would help others in the future.
    Yes, that would be nice. Would you mind adding it as a suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page?
    Thanks!
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero