Neil
    Always good to hear your input Neil thumb.gif

Thanks for stopping in.

Have a great day!
    Randy
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    Nice one, Randy. The cooperating sky helps make this shot. That may be the most user-friendly lighthouse I've ever seen.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    Nice one, Randy. The cooperating sky helps make this shot. That may be the most user-friendly lighthouse I've ever seen.

Tom
    I hear ya Tom!

To your point, this lighthouse is on an old military compound. You would think due to that, it would be bare bones with little regard for comforts.

As always, thanks for looking in and your comment
    Randy
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    yeah, the sky really worked out for you on this one. which lighthouse is this?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    yeah, the sky really worked out for you on this one. which lighthouse is this?

Rocky, I really wish that I could tell you that. This was one of thousands of images from a 10 month/26 state/2 Canadian provinces jaunt. I appologize, but I simply can't remember exactly where or which park this was in. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    randy, beautiful shot and well processed. I just wanted to make one small suggestion if you use LR4. There is lens correction tool that you can play with to get rid of the slight perspective distortion (if you want to that it is). Play with the vertical slider a touch and you can "straighten" out the walls of the light house so they are not "converging". You will have to recrop after after. This will make the sides of the building parallel...as if you shot from further away with longer lens (or used T/C lens to correct perspective)
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Nice one, Randy!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2012
    i did some diggin' and i'm pretty sure it's the Admiralty Head light located at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    randy, beautiful shot and well processed. I just wanted to make one small suggestion if you use LR4. There is lens correction tool that you can play with to get rid of the slight perspective distortion (if you want to that it is). Play with the vertical slider a touch and you can "straighten" out the walls of the light house so they are not "converging". You will have to recrop after after. This will make the sides of the building parallel...as if you shot from further away with longer lens (or used T/C lens to correct perspective)
    Greetings Daniel,
    Thanks for looking and your suggestion. thumb.gif

I will at times correct for perspective distortion in images. I didn't bother with this one mainly due to the edge of the building (in the image) is very close to the tower. Correcting for the building edge pulls the tower crooked, and I figured a straight tower would be more acceptable.

Again, thank you kindly for your thoughtful input thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Nice one, Randy!

Thank you much Lauren thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2012
    squirl033 wrote: »
    i did some diggin' and i'm pretty sure it's the Admiralty Head light located at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island.
    Yes sir, that's it. You da' man thumb.gif

My wife and I were racking our brains trying to figure out where this was exactly. Thank you thumb.gif
    Randy