Always carry a camera...

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited July 6, 2012 in Street and Documentary
...because if you don't, the only camera you're carrying could be as bad as the one on my Blackberry and you'll end up with a far less than idea image of something like this...

070412Doorway-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2012
    or you can get an iphone4s which is an outstanding secondary camera
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2012
    Yes, but I carry my phone for it's phone and email, and the BB is definitely superior for what I need it for - which is work email. But I'm guessing that by the time I'm ready to replace my phone, BB will no longer be a viable option, and so my camera will improve even as my email will degrade. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 6, 2012
    Hmm... What would a better camera have done for you? The image quality isn't bad, if not outstanding. Seems to me the problem here is that there are two possible images that no focal length can reconcile. There's the architectural shot, which you have nicely rendered and there's the family in the window shot, which doesn't work here because they're too small. It sure would be great to get both, but I don't think a better camera would have mattered. A longer lens (or zoom) could certainly have delivered the family in the window, but only by sacrificing the nice overall framing that you got. ne_nau.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    True, Richard, this was a bit of a balancing act. But...A real camera would have produced much better image quality, and also would have produced an image that, had I wanted to, I could have cropped and still have had a decent quality image.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 6, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    But...A real camera would have produced much better image quality, and also would have produced an image that, had I wanted to, I could have cropped and still have had a decent quality image.
    Yes, that's certainly true. It would have been a different image, though there's nothing wrong with that.