Options

Alaskan Cragging

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited July 7, 2012 in Sports
As usual, I'll start by saying I haven't posted in a while. I assure you though, I'm still around... If that makes anyone feel assured... :D

My wife and I hit the rocks the other day to meet up with a climber who found us online, and we happened to meet another local on the wall as well, so I got an opportunity to rig a photo line and get a few shots. On our short hike to the wall, we encountered a fellow who has just staked a mining claim on this rock formation and pretty much all the land behind it. He's planning on a tourist mining attraction, with yurts to sleep in, gear rentals for hikers/climbers, and the whole nine yards. I grew up in these mountains and still call them home, so for me this is an inevitable end to the old days where I could be the only person in the valley for a full week at times, but I've seen it coming. The place is just too great to keep to myself.

But I digress... on to the pictures! :D We climbed a fairly short and simple route called "Black Wall" rated 5.8. Here's the action:

1)
Edit-02-L.jpg

2)
Edit-03-L.jpg

3)
Edit-05-L.jpg

4) Here's a pano of the area to set the scene. I'm sorry I can't let you feel the fog hitting your skin, or hear the songs of the birds particular to this area. :D
Edit-06-XL.jpg

5)
Edit-09-L.jpg

6)
Edit-13-L.jpg

7)
Edit-15-L.jpg

Hope you enjoy! :D
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments