Options

Frames

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
edited July 7, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I didn't see anything about them yet... so here's my .02 cents, take it for what it's worth.... or not :wink

I am glad that SM has offered frames for the photo's, with mats and the like, nice touch.

In reality, I just don't ever see anybody (in my area) ever choosing to purchase the photo they purchased and adding the frame with a mat...

They just seem really expensive... I am sure the quality is quite nice - too expensive for me to want to order a shot framed to find out, but when you add a 16x20 (or larger shot) with the frame and a mat... Yowza! That's a pricey penny!

I am also certain that in some circles, this cost is a pittance, but to the customer base I deal with, it is a no go - only the other 2% (:rofl) could pay for it and not fret at the same time... most would buy the pic and buy a cheaper (and cheaper quality) frame and do it themselves...

So, there's my observation regarding your new option of framing, no offense intended.

Best Regards from your local Captain Obvious....
Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    BeaBea Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    Hi Lee,

Thanks a lot for the feedback, we really appreciate it - we do like to hear what our customers think of the new products!

Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with - you can also always contact us via email http://help.smugmug.com ;)

Have a great day!
    Bea
    SmugMug Support Hero | My website: www.beabird.net
  • Options
    jwcoffeejwcoffee Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    I had a different reaction. I'm pleased that the frames are being offered...and to me they are fairly priced. I was having custom framing done locally...cost more money...and she just went out of business. I am not concerned about Bay Photo going out of business. And for those that want to frame less expensively...they can order just a print and then do their thing.

-Jim Coffee-

Wiren wrote: »
    I didn't see anything about them yet... so here's my .02 cents, take it for what it's worth.... or not mwink.gif

I am glad that SM has offered frames for the photo's, with mats and the like, nice touch.

In reality, I just don't ever see anybody (in my area) ever choosing to purchase the photo they purchased and adding the frame with a mat...

They just seem really expensive... I am sure the quality is quite nice - too expensive for me to want to order a shot framed to find out, but when you add a 16x20 (or larger shot) with the frame and a mat... Yowza! That's a pricey penny!

I am also certain that in some circles, this cost is a pittance, but to the customer base I deal with, it is a no go - only the other 2% (rolleyes1.gif) could pay for it and not fret at the same time... most would buy the pic and buy a cheaper (and cheaper quality) frame and do it themselves...

So, there's my observation regarding your new option of framing, no offense intended.

Best Regards from your local Captain Obvious....
    Jim Coffee
    Photographer, Panographer
    James Coffee Studios
    Escondido, CA