Options

HDR Efex Pro 2 Sale

WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
edited July 10, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Only good till the 8th. I was going to snag it up..but its download only :scratch
Not available to general public until Mon.

http://scottkelby.com/2012/nik-releases-hdr-efex-2-weekend-only-deal-for-you/
Gary

Comments

• Options
    ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2012
    I've been using Photomatix for my hdr stuff, but I do have the full NIK suite which I love and have been using HDR Effex 1 more and more.

Any experience with this from anyone yet? Real tempting to get the upgrade. Will have to check it out more when I get home.

Thanks for sharing this!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    Just downloaded this 15 min ago. Played with one image. For $39.00 I think it's well worth it.

Basically more control.

Sam
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    You mean $59. At least for NIK, it's normally $99

My outcome so far with PS6 hasn't been good. Loading Canon CR2 files it gets to the edit screen, you select your style.. when it makes it to PS6 it looks normal. You have to go back in single image mode to apply the effect again. Time to report some bugs...

However, the images it has processed, kicks the crap out of Photomatix for skys. I have some car images I shot last week, 10-12 frames each. Photomatix had an OK sky, HDR FX2 had an AMAZING Sky...
  • Options
    PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    I purchased the upgrade on Sunday and after playing it with it for an hour or two yesterday I am impressed. The speed has improved, the interface is cleaner, the controls are simpler, and I find their rendering algorithms to be much improved with the results being more natural. For me it was $39 well spent.