Just a snap of Hailey

Michael_HansenMichael_Hansen Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
edited November 13, 2005 in People
IMG_1165.jpg

My grand niece Hailey. We were at the Vetran's Day Parade...she loves marching bands!
"Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees."
Paul Strand

http://www.michaelhansen.com

Comments

• windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    IMG_1165.jpg

My niece Hailey. We were at the Vetran's Day Parade...she loves marching bands!
    absolutely cute as can be!!!! adorable thanx for sharing it!!!

troy
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    Very cute picture, but the skin tone's way off. There is virtually no yellow in her skin, it's all magenta. You should always have more yellow than magenta, unless you want a sunburned look. It will be much more noticeable in print, BTW.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Very cute picture, but the skin tone's way off. There is virtually no yellow in her skin, it's all magenta. You should always have more yellow than magenta, unless you want a sunburned look. It will be much more noticeable in print, BTW.
    Hi david, since u brought it up... I always find my pics have way too much yellow or more than i'd think should be there, i always find that "yellow" gives an unpleasant look to my pics.... but you're saying leave it alone I guess...
    well, didn tmean to get this post off on a tangent, but i was just looking at my pics and saying are they too yellowish when u posted this.. troy
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    Hi david, since u brought it up... I always find my pics have way too much yellow or more than i'd think should be there, i always find that "yellow" gives an unpleasant look to my pics.... but you're saying leave it alone I guess...
    well, didn tmean to get this post off on a tangent, but i was just looking at my pics and saying are they too yellowish when u posted this.. troy

Windoze, start a thread over in the software forum with some of the shots in question, and we can help you out...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2005
    I'm guessing it was an overcast day, hence the skin tone; which would be true to life which is what we shoot for, isn't it?
  • Michael_HansenMichael_Hansen Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    IMG_1165copy.jpg

Thanks for your comments.
    "Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees."
    Paul Strand

http://www.michaelhansen.com
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    Wonderful capture. Only a photographer would look at that and complain about the skin tone :)

Lee