i-tgnF5Xd-L.jpg
Blessings,
Marjohn

Images of Him Photography

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    I like the subject matter and the composition, but the reclining person is
    just too soft. The detail is all in the man on the left.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    Thanks for the comment... I agree... The man on the rock was trying to sleep... the man on the left was a local security guard who'd already called for the police... I'm sure I was inadvertently focusing on the guard rather than the REAL subject! C'est la vie...
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    What a good way to start my morning (I'm in Philippines right now) and see your shot, Marjohn. This is a very good shot for me. Good work, mam. Lots lot of good things about this - frame within a frame, telling a story with just one photo, variety of ways to "interpret" the scene, etc. I would agree with the small nitpick and that is also the focus and probably just a little boost on the contrast but hey, you were there and you captured this. That is all that matters. Continue to do street photography. You have an "eye" for it. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
    edited July 7, 2012
    jiro wrote: »
    What a good way to start my morning (I'm in Philippines right now) and see your shot, Marjohn. This is a very good shot for me. Good work, mam. Lots lot of good things about this - frame within a frame, telling a story with just one photo, variety of ways to "interpret" the scene, etc. I would agree with the small nitpick and that is also the focus and probably just a little boost on the contrast but hey, you were there and you captured this. That is all that matters. Continue to do street photography. You have an "eye" for it. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclapclap.gifclap

Good morning Jiro. I pray you have a FABULOUS day! I live in a small town in Texas that is not close to any "ideal" place for street shooting. However, I try to travel to the Dallas/Fort Worth and/or Austin area at least once every 2 months so I can "practice"!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    I agree with Tony about the sleeping man should be the same sharpness as the on-looker and I also would like to see more contrast.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
    edited July 8, 2012
    I think we all agree that the sleeper is too soft... How's this for contrast? Too much? Not enough? Open for guidance!
    i-GmwcrJR-M.jpg
    Blessings,
    Marjohn