Options

"Canon refurbished"

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited July 8, 2012 in Cameras
How do I know if a refurb was done by Canon or a 3rd party?

I really need to join CPS at this point, but there is an exclusion for refurbished items:

1. The following products are not eligible for benefits under this Program:
  1. Products that have been modified, other than by Canon Factory Service Center Technicians
  2. Refurbished products, unless such products have been refurbished by Canon
I have several refurbished items, all via Adorama - are those "refurbished by Canon", or...?

Just checking if anybody knows how this works :)

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    I would contact Helen Oster (email in the shooters list) and send her the SN's and see what she says.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,909 moderator
    edited July 7, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    ... I have several refurbished items, all via Adorama - are those "refurbished by Canon", or...?

Since these items are from Adorama, I would start with a written statement from them. An e-mail should suffice.

Helen Oster is an Adorama representative who frequents DGrin and she lists her e-mail as:

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

(Do remember that Adorama observes Jewish weekends and holidays.)

If Adorama says that these are Canon refurbished I think you're good to go.

Edit: Art types faster than I type. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    Hehehe Yes, I've dealt with the wonderful Helen many times - since it's Saturday, just posted here hoping for a definitive answer before sundown. If nobody knows for sure, I'll definitely get in touch with her direct tomorrow! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2012
    The Adorama site specifically says that unless otherwise specified refurbished products are refurbished by the manufacturer.

Refurbished goods sold by Adorama are all refurbished by the manufacturer (unless specified otherwise) to the original company's specifications.
    All refurbished equipment sold by Adorama include a 90-day return-to-manufacturer warranty.
    Canon Refurbished include a 90 day return-to-Adorama Warranty.
    Click here for more information.

For example click on the refurbished 7D page (http://www.adorama.com/ICA7DR.html) on their site and click on the "refurbished" link.

How do I know if a refurb was done by Canon or a 3rd party?

I really need to join CPS at this point, but there is an exclusion for refurbished items:

1. The following products are not eligible for benefits under this Program:
    1. Products that have been modified, other than by Canon Factory Service Center Technicians
    2. Refurbished products, unless such products have been refurbished by Canon
    I have several refurbished items, all via Adorama - are those "refurbished by Canon", or...?

• Options
    edited July 7, 2012
    ^^^ you get "search engine genius" award. I swear I tried to find some info before posting (using both Google and the Adorama page)!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    HelenOsterHelenOster Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    Hehehe Yes, I've dealt with the wonderful Helen many times......

Awwww.... thank you! :D
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    http://twitter.com/HelenOster
    Helen@adorama.com
    www.adorama.com
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    I didn't find it instantly... I kinda' stumbled over it.

Your question got me thinking that it would be strange if a major supplier for pro 'togs, like Adorama or B&H, sold refurbished equipment that wasn't recognized by CPS, it would sort of be like discovered check. But, top notch places that they are, both do manufacturers refurbs.

So it looks like you will have your fashionable CPS pin pretty soon... I'm sure that's what drove you to inventory your equipement in the first place.:D
    ^^^ you get "search engine genius" award. I swear I tried to find some info before posting (using both Google and the Adorama page)!! thumb.gif