Options

Storing and Displaying Photos

GrissomGrissom Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited July 9, 2012 in Finishing School
I always had photos printed and then placed in an album to share with family and friends, are traditional photo albums going away in favor of printed photo books?

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator
    edited July 8, 2012
    I moved this to the Finishing School forum. Probably the best fit for the question.

Carry on.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    Grissom wrote: »
    I always had photos printed and then placed in an album to share with family and friends, are traditional photo albums going away in favor of printed photo books?

I think printing in general has diminished with the advent of digital photography. Most people don't print their vacation photos they just keep them on the computer.

Sam
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 9, 2012
    I suspect a lot of folks look at their images on a computer monitor, or even a large screen LCD Tv. I can see many of my images on my 54" LCT Tv via my Apple Tv, and there are other devices that will let one look at jpgs on their TV screen as well

That said, I also have prints on the wall, prints in boxes, and a few photos books from special trips as well.

They are all good.

While I enjoy computer and TV screen viewing, I have more trust in long term survival with a printed medium. Call me old fashioned I guess.

I have family photos over 100 years old. Who knows what digital imaging will be like 100 years form now.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin