Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f/2 SL II (Canon EF)

systemAsystemA Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited July 14, 2012 in House of Canon
This is the Voigtlander 40mm / f2.0 pancake lens for Canon EF. It has been a truly wonderful lens, the sharpest wide open of my small set of primes. The mechanical build is outstanding and efficient, focusing butter smooth, and glass is flawless. The electric contacts allow for aperture control from the camera body. This lens is Manual Focus only as with Zeiss, CV, etc.

My troubles lie mostly in the ability to MF with glasses on, which makes using this lens more effort than I'd have liked. I find myself reaching for the AF 50mm lens more often and this little guy sits in the bag unused. The perspective of 40mm is slightly wider than 50mm and closer to "standard" on FF which I find to be quite pleasing. I hope it moves on to someone who can appreciate it more than I.

Attached below is the lens. I've also uploaded a few photos taken from my last trip to Hong Kong on the Voigtlander 40/2, all wide open at f2 except the last photo of buildings, shot at f4. No sharpening, minor exposure adjustments. Please click on for full-size.

The lens will come with box and all original accessories including the close-up lens diopter/magnification lens. This will enable a magnification of ~1:4.

Price is $375.00. It will be shipped via USPS with tracking number which is included in the price. Payment via paypal is preferred - thanks!

f2
jxFdOVWstexor.jpg
f2
jkIRTJ99GXfA5.jpg
f2
jf2LpqghLU94r.jpg
f4
jbtxl1V0LYPuag.jpg

iCDUspmBAeG6T.jpg
ixWyHMLxsxzNH.jpg
ib2xvgDeW1Qijb.jpg
ibgMUrTQ1XumPe.jpg