Options

Events Marketing Universal Client Login?

psserenitypsserenity Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 9, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello all - long time reader, first time poster. :) I've gotten many useful things here over the years. If you snoop around the smugmug portions of my website, please be aware that I had help from an outside programmer and that overall, it's a hodgepodge of dgrin code.

Currently, I use an insecure client login, that you can see here:

http://photos.funnybunnyphoto.com/Other/Clients/

which I yanked from a forum post that I found half a year ago or so. I really like the idea of being able to give my clients a password, even if the security is an illusion, and then they are taken directly to their gallery. If a client demands security, I lock down their gallery through smugmug, and provide them with two passwords (I know, it's complex).

ANYWAY. Here is my question - I only just discovered the Events Marketing pages and no amount of googling or searching the forums helped me! Is there a solution, similar to what I already have, where instead of typing a password and being taken to a gallery, a client may enter a password from a generic client page and be taken to their specific event page? It may be that this feature is not used widely enough as of yet to warrant there being a post about this on the forums somewhere..... Or that I am just an idiot!

Please keep in mind, I do not code at all - I work at the cut and paste level, while reading handbooks to decipher what I don't understand.

Thanks for any help! You are all fantastic!

~Natalie

Comments

• Options
    MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    You may want to look at the sharegroup functionality. You can lock down the SM galleries with your own password, and then set a different password for each sharegroup. This sounds liek what you may be looking for.
    The event may also serve you with the added benefit of being able to select favorites.