Kazakhs

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited July 15, 2012 in Street and Documentary
I have been going to Kazakhstan a few times over the course of a year and a half or so. Some pics have already been posted others are new. I thought it would be interesting to compile a few shots. cc's welcome

DSC0040-XL.jpg

DSC0041-XL.jpg

DSC0063-XL.jpg

DSC0074-XL.jpg

DSC1801-XL.jpg

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    I'm liking #3 & 4. #1 could have been a good grab, but I suspect slo shutter resulted in subject blur
    Rags
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    Thanks Rags. I still kind of like #1 even though it's blurry. It is a genuine laugh.
  • jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    Good job, Juano. My pick would be #2. I like the way you framed her with those colorful red elements and her genuine expression that you have captured. Awesome! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2012
    #4 is intense.
    edited July 10, 2012
    jiro wrote: »
    Good job, Juano. My pick would be #2. I like the way you framed her with those colorful red elements and her genuine expression that you have captured. Awesome! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks Jiro, I like that one too. She was looking at something or lost in thought, I don't know.
    edited July 10, 2012
    damonff wrote: »
    #4 is intense.

Thanks. I suppose you mean #3, I agree, it is an act of aggression in my view. I posted this pic some time ago and it generated a good discussion.
  • coopcoop Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
    edited July 12, 2012
    Entrapment
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks. I suppose you mean #3, I agree, it is an act of aggression in my view. I posted this pic some time ago and it generated a good discussion.

I agree, it's amost as if he has her trapped and she is trying to back away. The photo says alot. Great shot.
    edited July 14, 2012
    coop wrote: »
    I agree, it's amost as if he has her trapped and she is trying to back away. The photo says alot. Great shot.

Thanks. The original discussion thread is here
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=201445
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    #3 is the one that really caught my attention. There is an intensity in the image that I don't often see captured. It starts one's imagination going as you spin a tale to fit the image.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
    edited July 15, 2012
    Harryb wrote: »
    #3 is the one that really caught my attention. There is an intensity in the image that I don't often see captured. It starts one's imagination going as you spin a tale to fit the image.

Thanks! This is an image that has always troubled me. Initially I hesitated to post it.