edited July 10, 2012 in Street and Documentary
070912Autumn1-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited July 10, 2012
    Ha! Very cool. Might just be my monitor, but I'd reduce the saturation just a hair.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    This age of on-line display is such a bitch! I see this image differently on my iPad, my MacBook Pro, and my 30" Cinema display at work - and the laptop and 30" display, sitting on the same desktop, in the same ambient light, we're both profiled using the same Spyder device. Arrrrrggg.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• marcusrichphotomarcusrichphoto Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Looks a tiny bit too saturated to me also, but then I'm on my uncaliberated work screen.

Love the photo, the concept and all the colours work well together, but if it was my image, I'd PS another petal in to hide the small patch of skin at the top, but then I never know when to leave PS alone lol.
    Marcus.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

My website: http://www.marcusrichphotography.com
    edited July 10, 2012
    Looks a tiny bit too saturated to me also, but then I'm on my uncaliberated work screen.

Love the photo, the concept and all the colours work well together, but if it was my image, I'd PS another petal in to hide the small patch of skin at the top, but then I never know when to leave PS alone lol.

Interesting suggestion. I have the idea of NEVER changing elements of an image ingrained, that with something like this I don't think of it. And given that I positioned the flower, which was on the table, in front of her, this is already a contrived image - so why not?mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    This is such an over-the-top and in-your-face ( no pun intended ) image that I feel the exaggerated colors are quite appropriate. I actually feel like this is one of your most arresting pieces of work, BD. Great imagination.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 10, 2012
    This is such an over-the-top and in-your-face ( no pun intended ) image that I feel the exaggerated colors are quite appropriate. I actually feel like this is one of your most arresting pieces of work, BD. Great imagination.thumb.gif

Tom

Thanks, Tom. It definitely is different.mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Looks fine on MBP.

Nice shot B.D.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    It is beautiful on my iMac. Gorgeous.