Jess Bunni's New Curves

BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
edited July 11, 2012 in People
Deleted
Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen

Comments

• TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Another nice series. I might have done this one a bit differently though. You have a lovely looking model who needs to be shown her best way. That means that she might have more shots like the first one. Her dress might have been a bit different too. The legs lack a bit of definition and they are whiter than the rest of her. That means you might shoot this one better in shoes and pants or jeans and a crop top. the top half is great. None of us are perfect but sometimes emphasizing their best parts is the way to go.

One and 6 are the best on this series.
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Thanks Tin.

As I said, this was not my normal shoot and, as you said, I need to learn to show the heavier model to her best. Funny part is that 1 & 6 are my least favorite of the posted images. #5 was my favorite of the entire shoot. I may never get this photo thing right.ne_nau.gif
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    That is what makes it all go round. I have different favorites on shoots of mine than other people do as well.
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    I really like your use of DOF on these. It makes the model stand out nicely from the background. Three is my fave.

Five is indeed a nice pose John, I see why you like it. But...

The models legs are ummm...

less than stellar. Not your doing, they are what they are. Focus the attention on the parts that are stellar and lessen the attention on the things that aren't.

And, BTW, if I ever run into either of the guys that convinced women that tattoos are cool or the guy that invented the scratch on tattoos for children that take forever to remove prior to a photo session because the parents didn't think ahead, in a dark ally, only one of us will be coming out alive. Put your money on me...Hooah!
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2012
    John:
    I agree with Bryce, three is my favorite.
    Tattoos I don't like on women skin, to me is a NO NO, but can't change personal taste.
    Also,you can't change what God made, but you can reform it a little to human sight.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Catch my drift?
    Listen, keep going your way, yo are good and know your stuff.
    OH, by the way, I like meat.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wings.gif
    Carlos
    edited July 11, 2012
    Thanks Bryce and Carlos.

I totally agree with you about tatoos but I'm an old fart who doesn't count nowadays. Still, I don't get the attraction.

Carlos, I agree I should have done better on her angles. If you check out her full gallery you may see more that did a better job.
  • YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2012
    John:
    My comment was based only @ the photos in the post.
    I'm an old fart too, so it makes two of us + many other.
    Into the gallery you have very good pictures and the angles and light favor the model very much.
    As I said, you can't change some things, but can make them look better to the human eye, I believe that is our main task.
    She is a young beautiful model and you deserve credit for a very good job.!!!!!!!!
    Carlos
    edited July 11, 2012
    Thanks Carlos.

You've seen me enough to know I never get offended and I appreciate all C&C. I also have a well established habit of picking the "wrong" frames to post out of the gallery.ne_nau.gif

Working with a "plus" sized model was new for me so I can use all suggestions.thumb.gif