Options

Critique and advice needed

JPphotoJPphoto Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited July 14, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Im not 100% sure if I'm searchable on Google. I check Google analytics but under search its like 0.
Could someone take a gander and maybe give me some advice on making my site more professional, and searchable.

Thanx in advance.

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2012
    JPphoto wrote: »
    Im not 100% sure if I'm searchable on Google. I check Google analytics but under search its like 0.
    Could someone take a gander and maybe give me some advice on making my site more professional, and searchable.

Thanx in advance.
    Your Smugislands settings look good: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93329-smugislands

You have a page title [ photo wildlife nature Blue Beard Imagery - Jorge Perez New Jersey ], which is good.

Your site is fairly new, so it might not have been fully crawled by the search sites yet. Give it some time.

On Google, 'BlueBeard Imagery' is the top hit for me and it's your SmugMug site.

Some info about SEO here: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93327
  • Options
    edited July 12, 2012
    I do get an error at webmaster tools.
    Under crawl errors include/ no idea what that is
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited July 12, 2012
    Feeding search engines requires words. Your site includes both captions and keywords; that's a good start. Have you considered an "about" page where you include some words about yourself? If you don't want a separate page you could add some text to your guestbook for that purpose.

Your site description includes references to things that don't appear on your site. I don't see any raptors, and while you have 4 photos of vehicles your site description implies there will be photos of vehicle shows.

Inbound links are also important. Do you have a blog? Do you post on forums other than dgrin, posting links to your site?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2012
    Feeding search engines requires words. Your site includes both captions and keywords; that's a good start. Have you considered an "about" page where you include some words about yourself? If you don't want a separate page you could add some text to your guestbook for that purpose.

Your site description includes references to things that don't appear on your site. I don't see any raptors, and while you have 4 photos of vehicles your site description implies there will be photos of vehicle shows.

Inbound links are also important. Do you have a blog? Do you post on forums other than dgrin, posting links to your site?

--- Denise

Yup I have links to my site on all my forums signatures. An about page is next to do, I just suck at writing about myself in anyways( my dating sites ads are horrible lol). Eagles are raptors :) And I have some shows to get too. Air show in Aug, wolves in the fall.

Does showing the keywords on the main page matter at all?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2012
    It's not needed to display the keyword box, but there might be a positive effect for search engines from having it enabled. You could consider creating a separate find page where the keyword box among others is displayed. Check out the tutorial here.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero