Rodeo... that time of year...

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited July 17, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Some Oh fug shots:

RAG2734-XL.jpg
RAG2832-XL.jpg
934100493_GmUYM-XL.jpg
4 Standing in the middle of circling wild mustangs has it's own set of anxieties
934101022_iscVU-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2012
    #3 for me. Wow. The look on the horse is priceless.

• konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    thumb.gifthumb Wow - those are beautiful shots!! I just went to one last month - got some decent shots (haven't posted them yet), but I stayed outside the arena. It looks like the rider in #3 just barely missed getting his leg stomped. Amazing how calm he looks - I'd be screaming for a fresh pair of undershorts :D
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    Terrific work, Rags. I was recently at a big-time rodeo out in Cody, Wyoming. Your pictures here capture the same intensity and drama as I witnessed there. Well done.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    konomaniac wrote: »
    thumb.gifthumb Wow - those are beautiful shots!! I just went to one last month - got some decent shots (haven't posted them yet), but I stayed outside the arena. It looks like the rider in #3 just barely missed getting his leg stomped. Amazing how calm he looks - I'd be screaming for a fresh pair of undershorts :D

This cowboy, early 50s; had his wrist tangled and he couldn't get free. He had to undo the saddle as he was getting stomped & took it with him on the dismount. Pretty courageous guy.

934100531_fHu4M-XL.jpg
    Rags
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    No. 3.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    #3 is wonderful. Last is good, but could have been great, perhaps, with a slower shutter speed and panning the horses.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    Thanks for looking in folks & for the comments, much appreciated.

"Last is good, but could have been great, perhaps, with a slower shutter speed and panning the horses."

A few years ago when I was finding my way in photography I tried panning in horse racing & polo.

I found that I lost the horse muscle articulation and I prefer that over the blur.

Again thanks for taking the time to comment
    Rags