Options

sRGB Requirements for selling prints

HMBergerHMBerger Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited July 14, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Our website has slowly matured since we started early in the year. We had not yet offered photos for sale. Our ideas on this had changed since SmugMug appointed Loxley printers for Europe but because of our concerns about consequences of turning professional(!!) e.g. potential licence fees required in game parks would cost much more than we would earn, so we had just sat on the idea. However today i was contacted by someone who would like to buy 3 prints. So after enjoying the compliment i am now rushing around searching the help files to see how to set it up because we leave for our next safari in 12 days.

One brief question for now:- all the around 500 JPG files in all our wildlife portfolios are posted as Adobe RGB colour space. However Loxley printers requires them as sRGB. Because of my time restriction I was hoping i could replace the 3 potential sale photos with SRGB and only open these 3 for sale in their respective mammal or B&W gallery at this time. Can i only offer 3 photos for sale in a gallery or must i open the whole gallery?

Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,268 moderator
    edited July 13, 2012
    You can set pricing for galleries or for photos, so I assume that you can offer only 3 photos for sale in a gallery.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-.

Hopefully someone from smug will jump in here to provide the full answer.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2012
    You can set pricing for galleries or for photos, so I assume that you can offer only 3 photos for sale in a gallery.

See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93345-how-do-i-price-photos-in-order-to-sell-them-.

Hopefully someone from smug will jump in here to provide the full answer.

--- Denise
    Thanks Denise I will try & see my "major' sale of three (!) works & perhaps someone will provide extra details
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    1. On the sRGB vs aRGB question - we convert files whenever possible so you may not need to do so. Check the file info (or download the original out of your gallery and check it) to see if we have made that conversion for you already.

2. You can make a price list for those photos and then apply it to those photos only. On the edit screen for your price lists you will see 'photos' as a choice to the far right. Open that and navigate to/select the photos.

Hope that helps.
    ann
    HMBerger wrote: »
    Thanks Denise I will try & see my "major' sale of three (!) works & perhaps someone will provide extra details
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2012
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    1. On the sRGB vs aRGB question - we convert files whenever possible so you may not need to do so. Check the file info (or download the original out of your gallery and check it) to see if we have made that conversion for you already.

2. You can make a price list for those photos and then apply it to those photos only. On the edit screen for your price lists you will see 'photos' as a choice to the far right. Open that and navigate to/select the photos.

Hope that helps.
    ann

Thats great. I will check

Thanks Ann
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2012
    RGP has been automatically converted to sRGB
    Checked dowloaded our small reptile gallery and indeed all files uploaded as Adobe RGB had already been converted to sRGB color space in SmugMug. That saves me a lot of work when I eventually open up all all previously downloaded photos in all galleries for printing.clap.gif

thanks Ann & Denise +++

howard