Options

Photoshop Settings and Smugmug upload

WJPhotoWJPhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 18, 2012 in Finishing School
My photos look good in PS. After I upload them to Smugmug, they look too red. In actuality what is displayed on Smugmug, after uploading appears to be accurate. And what I am seeing in PS isn't. Anyone have a clue as to what could be going on with my PS settings?

Comments

• Options
    paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2012
    This is a little confusing. You start by saying that they look good in PS, but then you say that they are not accurate in PS. Which is it?

Are you viewing these on the same monitor? If so, my first guess is problems with color working space. PS will display properly no matter which color space you are working in. However, for the image to display properly on the web, you have to save it with an sRGB color profile.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2012
    Smugmug uses color-correction
    if you want your photos as they are , un-check the option in settings
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    i have a question regarding camera raw in PS , I take a pic shot in Raw , edit it in camera raw , sharpen and noise reduce pic looks great save in My pictures on my puter , pull it up in the normal picture viewer, and it looks horrible go back and remove the sharpen re save and it's all good. it looks great in Camera raw sharpened and terrible saved . doing this for jpeg doesn't do the same .anyone??
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    WJPhoto wrote: »
    My photos look good in PS. After I upload them to Smugmug, they look too red. In actuality what is displayed on Smugmug, after uploading appears to be accurate. And what I am seeing in PS isn't.

Probably just the opposite. Most web browsers and a lot of web content (like Flash) isn’t color managed. Photoshop is. While you may prefer the images un-color managed, the facts are, the images in Photoshop are previewing correctly assuming you’ve profiled your display (correctly) and Photoshop is setup correctly.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    jmp2204 wrote: »
    i have a question regarding camera raw in PS , I take a pic shot in Raw , edit it in camera raw , sharpen and noise reduce pic looks great save in My pictures on my puter , pull it up in the normal picture viewer, and it looks horrible go back and remove the sharpen re save and it's all good. it looks great in Camera raw sharpened and terrible saved . doing this for jpeg doesn't do the same .anyone??

That picture viewer (like the OP’s browser) isn’t color managed. It is simply lying to you.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    windows picture viewer should give no problem

you must not save from ACR
    after adjusting in ACR , click open to open in PS
    then save as JPG , setting 10 or higher for quality
  • Options
    jmp2204jmp2204 Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2012
    If thatwas ment for me , thnlks I'll try it!!