how to .. formal dress shots

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited July 13, 2012 in People
I have been hired to shoot a military formal dinner and to provide each guest with a formal photo if they desire. Smugmug makes it easy to provide super cheap images for our heros but I have never done formal photos of couples etc.

I have the Lastolite Hi Light monster, lol.. 5x7 , I have used it in my home studio twice, this shoot alone will almost pay for it. I have 2 AB 800s to use in Hi Lite and a big metal dome with 4 curly q light bulbs which I can use with a beauty dish cover, umbrella or something to diffuse. I guess I should place that camera left.

I think I should use my nikon 80-200 on my d700. I also have a 50mm, 85mm, 24-70,105 for micro, 136 D, but have not yet mastered that.

A white vinyl "train" that is meant to use as the floor. And of course a tripod!!!!

Any tips are appreciated. I will be looking for posing instructions on Google.

It is a big job and a LONG drive, the organizer welcomes my husband to be my assistant even though he knows the demetia and his behavior are embarrassing at times, well just to me really.I need to relax and stop worrying about him, but he forgets he is a "vendor" at times, like the last wedding, and he starts making small talk and won't let go and then he doesn't want to help me LOL.

I'll keep ya all posted after the event!
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700