Options

Client email reminder before photos ready

wedphowedpho Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 17, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello! As a wedding photographer, I would love to give wedding guests a URL at the actual wedding. Of course, the photos won't be ready for a few weeks.

Is there a way to make it so that when a guest checks the URL early, they could leave their email address and be reminded when the photos are actually ready?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Hi,

Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Your clients can't leave comments on an empty gallery and there isn't a mechanism for sending reminders to visitors to a gallery when photos are added.
  • Options
    wedphowedpho Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2012
    Can this be added to the development list? It's an incredible feature that I've used elsewhere, and certainly boosts traffic on galleries, which is a win/win for client/photographer/smugmug.

Thanks!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    What you could do is upload a place holder photo. Then visitors could leave a comment on the gallery with their email address so you have it handy whenever the gallery is ready.
    Or you could set up an http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/83125-can-my-customers-mark-their-favorites-market-events- for the wedding for which guests could register.

If these options are not exactly what you're looking for, you can add your suggestion to the SmugMug feedback page.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    wedpho wrote: »
    Hello! As a wedding photographer, I would love to give wedding guests a URL at the actual wedding. Of course, the photos won't be ready for a few weeks.

Is there a way to make it so that when a guest checks the URL early, they could leave their email address and be reminded when the photos are actually ready?

Thank you!

You could just make your own free e-mail sign-up form just embedd the form into the gallery description area...Here I made a form and embedded it into my smugmug site in under 4 minutes
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site