DSC2145-XL.jpg

DSC2169-XL.jpg

DSC2187-XL.jpg

DSC2181-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Good stuff here, Cristobal. I particularly like the last one. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2012
    Nice set - especially the detail shot. The others are nice, but predictable; the detail shot is more unusual.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    Good stuff here, Cristobal. I particularly like the last one. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom

Thanks Tom, I also like the last one, but I agree with BD that they are predictable... It was fun anyway!:D
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    I'm liking #4; nice effect on the face lighting
    Rags
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    Nice set of the subject at hand. I also like the last best.

B. D. is correct in that they may be predictable; But I often shoot "predictable" because there is sometimes little choice (as in a live performance). In this set, I like your choice of shutter speed with just the correct amount of motion blur.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2012
    rainbow wrote: »
    Nice set of the subject at hand. I also like the last best.

B. D. is correct in that they may be predictable; But I often shoot "predictable" because there is sometimes little choice (as in a live performance). In this set, I like your choice of shutter speed with just the correct amount of motion blur.

Thanks Rags.

Rainbow, you are right that there is not a lot of choice, there's the crowd to contend with, which means that you are pretty much stuck to a single perspective. In terms of choice of shutter speed, not a lot of choice either. The trumpet pic was shot at maximum aperture, ISO 4000 at 1/10th of a second handheld. I shot many others which were unusable. Good experience, I really enjoyed it. :D
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    This really is getting tough. Saying there are predictable was not intended as a criticism; it was a way to point out why I especially like the detail shot, which is the least predictable of the group, and gives it something special.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2012
    bdcolen wrote: »
    This really is getting tough. Saying there are predictable was not intended as a criticism; it was a way to point out why I especially like the detail shot, which is the least predictable of the group, and gives it something special.

BD your point was well taken and it made me look more carefully at the detail shot, even though my favorite one is still the trumpet player. I think that photo can stand on its own, whereas the rest, including the detail, work better as a set.

Thanks for looking.