Slow pageloads

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited November 13, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing very slow page loads on dgrin today. Some pages that may have a lot of pic posts have taken up to 45 seconds to load. It seems to also be affecting smugmug (or vice versa). I have check my resources, and found that my CPU usage is lingering at about 5% and my internet connection (a 1500 Kbit/sec connection) is only at about 300 Kbit/sec during the page loads. I did a speed test with dslreports.com to see if it was my connection messing up, and the results showed that I had my full-speed d/l available (1500 Kbit/sec). Other web sites do not seem to be effected.

Are the servers just getting overloaded on the weekend? :dunno

Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing very slow page loads on dgrin today. Some pages that may have a lot of pic posts have taken up to 45 seconds to load. It seems to also be affecting smugmug (or vice versa). I have check my resources, and found that my CPU usage is lingering at about 5% and my internet connection (a 1500 Kbit/sec connection) is only at about 300 Kbit/sec during the page loads. I did a speed test with dslreports.com to see if it was my connection messing up, and the results showed that I had my full-speed d/l available (1500 Kbit/sec). Other web sites do not seem to be effected.

Are the servers just getting overloaded on the weekend? ne_nau.gif

Thanks.

Hey, 'nut...

According to firefox speed reports, this page (the dgrin game, heavy photos) loaded in 11 seconds. Your post here, loaded for me in 1.3 seconds.

I loaded my smugmug page (logged in, lots of thumbs) in like 2 seconds.

Not scientific of course! I'm on fast cable btw. Lots of variables come into play, not the least of which, your connection and your isp, the backbone from you to smugmug servers, etc etc.

You'll want to hear from others, but I'm not noticing any speed bumps today. Sundays and Mondays are the busiest days though, as you noticed.
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    andy wrote:
    Hey, 'nut...

According to firefox speed reports, this page (the dgrin game, heavy photos) loaded in 11 seconds. Your post here, loaded for me in 1.3 seconds.

I loaded my smugmug page (logged in, lots of thumbs) in like 2 seconds.

Not scientific of course! I'm on fast cable btw. Lots of variables come into play, not the least of which, your connection and your isp, the backbone from you to smugmug servers, etc etc.

You'll want to hear from others, but I'm not noticing any speed bumps today. Sundays and Mondays are the busiest days though, as you noticed.
    Thanks for the info, Andy. It may just be my ISP being weird with certain paths. I've had that happen before. I'm on DSL on this end.

I'll keep an eye out and see if anyone else near me (or on the same isp..SBC...) is having the same problems.
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2005
    Hmmm...powered off my DSL modem and then back on, as to force it to re-negotiate. The web pages (routes) that seemed to be affected are now running at full speed. Weird. Whether coincidence or not, seems to be ok now. Might have been a problem at my end after all...just not consistent.