Options

Basic contract for commercial use..help.

BloozeBlooze Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited July 22, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Since I am neither a pro nor have a photography business this may seem like a duh question to ya'll.

I was approached recently by one of the employees I supervise about doing shots of some custom jewelry she has being made (bracelet and necklace pendants for cremation ashes). She mentioned using them on a website and brochures/business cards/etc......

I could really use some direction on where to go as far as licensing/pricing is concerned. It won't need to be too involved I don't think, as what she is selling is not a new or innovative product as far as I've been able to tell.

Thanks in advance........

Comments

• Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2012
    If you do not do this type of business then don't worry about licensing and stuff just charge her for your time or per usable shot and that's it. If she is a friend treat her as one and don't go all crazy with contracts etc. It sounds like this is a side hobby for her as well and she probably does not want to pay a pro or she would have found one. She has probably seen your stuff and knows you are good so she is asking for some photos for her web and bus cards not expecting a big contract type deal. It is totally up to you what you want to charge, it is soooo varied that you can end up with thousands of estimates so it is best to go by your own gut on this one.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    BloozeBlooze Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2012
    deb22 wrote: »
    If you do not do this type of business then don't worry about licensing and stuff just charge her for your time or per usable shot and that's it. If she is a friend treat her as one and don't go all crazy with contracts etc. It sounds like this is a side hobby for her as well and she probably does not want to pay a pro or she would have found one. She has probably seen your stuff and knows you are good so she is asking for some photos for her web and bus cards not expecting a big contract type deal. It is totally up to you what you want to charge, it is soooo varied that you can end up with thousands of estimates so it is best to go by your own gut on this one.

Kind of where I figured I'd go with it. It's definitely a side hobby for her, but she is spending thousands getting two necklace and one bracelet pendants designed and produced, so it's not a light venture for her. I'll have to buy a few pieces of gear that I don't have that will make the shoot easier for me and her photos better for her, so I figure if she pays for the gear it's a good trade.

I appreciate the feedback. Someday I'd like to make it more than a hobby :D