Options

How great this is

Russ from MaineRuss from Maine Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 17, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
I am a long time photojournalist who embraces technology, but has a hard time understanding it. I have difficulty making sense of code and all, but decided to make a website a little over a year ago. I visited a local web hosting company and they quoted me nearly two grand to create and host what I outlined. I was shocked and decided I would have a go at doing it myself, with little expectations. I did a lot of research and liked what I had seen from SmugMug. While russdillingham.com is not the fanciest site in the world, it is something that helps display my work, better than my newspaper's website I may add. The only way I pulled this off is using help I have received from Digital Grin. I have not asked many questions myself, but when I have an issue or question, I am not the first, and simply read another post and the forum shows me the answer I am looking for. Thank's for including all the coding. Copy, paste and replacing my links and info to create the look I am after, and tadaaa. I have recommended SmugMug to a number of fellow colleagues, friends and others at workshops I have attended and given. I can't say enough about SmugMug and the help from Digital Grin. Thanks for everything!
Russ Dillingham
Chief Photographer
Sun Journal
Lewiston, ME
russdillingham.com

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2012
    That's so great to hear. Thanks for the feedback. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,905 moderator
    edited July 16, 2012
    That's awesome news and thank you for the feedback!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2012
    I can't tell ya how many people I have recommended SmugMug to. Overall they are the top of the list when it comes to service. Yes I am an unashamed fan boy. :D

The real challenge is to keep up the quality and culture as the company grows, bu I have a feeling this will be done.

Sam