MC 17 First Idea

WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
edited July 24, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
So does this say escape to you? Any preference? How about the processing?

P1550968Layers1-L.jpg

P1550971Layers1-L.jpg

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2012
    Second...try in BW or in sepia? ....Yes, definitely escape...maybe more wrist? (a variation on one of the undone thoughts in my head!)
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2012
    I definitely get escape!
    I personally like the 1st, with the processing, subject, and crop - I like the way the sky takes up 2/3 of the frame - I think it could signify freedom. I like #2 as well, but it looks over-sharpened, and has a funny glow effect. I think it would be interesting to see #1 in b&w, or selectively b&w hand and fence, leaving sky blue.

I was thinking chain link at night with a shovel head, shallow hole, and a boot caught under the edge... there's just so many options with chain link!
    red_zone wrote: »
    I definitely get escape!
    I personally like the 1st, with the processing, subject, and crop - I like the way the sky takes up 2/3 of the frame - I think it could signify freedom. I like #2 as well, but it looks over-sharpened, and has a funny glow effect. I think it would be interesting to see #1 in b&w, or selectively b&w hand and fence, leaving sky blue.

I was thinking chain link at night with a shovel head, shallow hole, and a boot caught under the edge... there's just so many options with chain link!

Thanks, Jake. I might take a shot at re-processing #2.

I like your idea for the chain link as well. Go for it. I think it would be fun to see several takes on chain link.
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    rteest42 wrote: »
    Second...try in BW or in sepia? ....Yes, definitely escape...maybe more wrist? (a variation on one of the undone thoughts in my head!)

Thanks, Trish.

Here is a shot with more wrist. Two different processing. Do you like this composition better? How about the processing - more light on the fingers or more silhouetted?

P1550972Adjust3-L.jpg

P1550972AAdjust2-L.jpg
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    I actually like your #2 best. Nice take on theme.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited July 23, 2012
    I like the "gritty" feel of #2 with the hand and the processing of the sky and fence in 4, so perhaps not much help. Great idea and composition!
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I found another shot this evening and processed it to look like a midnight run. What do you think, does it look like a moonlit night?

P1560150LayersCrop1-L.jpg