Options

Problem with Gallery Slideshow

planzplanz Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 20, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Hello

I'm having a problem with one of my galleries. Joe & Vivien's Wedding http://www.impressionsbylanz.com/Private-Collec/Joe-Vivien/23862657_x8pcsk#!i=1934955776&k=CRSj7nj
This is a hidden gallery and if the password is needed it's "Stirling"

The gallery has 108 images, but the slideshow will only show ~56, then returns to the beginning of the show. If you advance the filmstrip at the top of the slideshow it will move about three times, then goes in reverse direction to beginning.

This is the normal gallery slide show I'm speaking of, not anything that I adjusted code for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil Lanz

Comments

• Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2012
    planz wrote: »
    Hello

I'm having a problem with one of my galleries. Joe & Vivien's Wedding http://www.impressionsbylanz.com/Private-Collec/Joe-Vivien/23862657_x8pcsk#!i=1934955776&k=CRSj7nj
    This is a hidden gallery and if the password is needed it's "Stirling"

The gallery has 108 images, but the slideshow will only show ~56, then returns to the beginning of the show. If you advance the filmstrip at the top of the slideshow it will move about three times, then goes in reverse direction to beginning.

This is the normal gallery slide show I'm speaking of, not anything that I adjusted code for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil Lanz

I made it through your slideshow, and did not see any issues near the 56 image mark.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache to see if that helps? If you need any help with clearing your browser cache, just let us know your browser and operating system and we'll send over some directions. thumb.gif

-KevinW
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2012
    I made it through your slideshow, and did not see any issues near the 56 image mark.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache to see if that helps? If you need any help with clearing your browser cache, just let us know your browser and operating system and we'll send over some directions. thumb.gif

-KevinW
    Support Hero

Thanks Kevin. I don't think it's the cache, which I have cleared. This is happening on Firefox, Chrome and Explorer.
    Worse, yet I just realized that all my galleries are exhibiting the same problem, unless they have just a few images.

I can't even say how long I've had this problem, since I don't often run the slideshows on the galleries.

Phil
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    That sounds like a connection issue where it's interrupted and not the full slideshow loads. You may have to clear your Flash local storage in addition to your browser cache to remove the incomplete slideshow. Clearing of your local storage can be done right-clicking on the slideshow (while not in full screen) and then look for the 'local storage' option. Temporarily set the amount to none and it'll ask you if you want to clear the current data. Afterwards you can set it back to the default of 100kb.
    Also clear your browser cache.

Furthermore, ensure that you're on a stable connection. If you're on a wireless connection, try connecting via a hard-wired connection via a cable to your router instead.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    I had the problem years ago that the show would stop at a photo but I could skip/click to the next thumb
    and continue. I had to re-upload the problem photo to get it to work. This happened many times and
    replacing the problem photo always worked.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 20, 2012
    Thanks for the advice.

I've tried both suggestions of removing all flash cache and browser cache with no change.

I've also re-published all photos in this gallery with no success and it's occurring in more than one gallery.

It also happens on another computer in this house.

The only suggestion I've not yet tried is actually plugging directly into the router, since yes these are wireless connections.

Phil