Options

Another from Sarasota.

YaflyyadieYaflyyadie Registered Users Posts: 558 Major grins
edited July 19, 2012 in Landscapes
One more from Sarasota this past 4 of July.
CC welcome.
Thanks,
Carlos

Comments

• Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    fairly pleasant straightforward sunsets. Your exif is stripped, what was your aperture for these sunset shots?

When i have to shoot into the sun, I like to make the aperture as small as possible, even beyond the diffraction limit.

In your other shot, the path of the sun on the water makes the foreground important, I don't find the foreground here so compelling. Maybe try a crop just below the line of people and pool of water on the sand?
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    kolibri wrote: »
    fairly pleasant straightforward sunsets. Your exif is stripped, what was your aperture for these sunset shots?

When i have to shoot into the sun, I like to make the aperture as small as possible, even beyond the diffraction limit.

In your other shot, the path of the sun on the water makes the foreground important, I don't find the foreground here so compelling. Maybe try a crop just below the line of people and pool of water on the sand?

Thanks a lot for your opinion about the pictures, it is welcomed.
    I have to check the original EXIF and will post with the rest of the info.
    About the other shot, I will explain my intentions with such a long foreground with the sun fading toward the shore.

Once more, Thanks.
    Carlos
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    Yaflyyadie wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for your opinion about the pictures, it is welcomed.
    I have to check the original EXIF and will post with the rest of the info.
    About the other shot, I will explain my intentions with such a long foreground with the sun fading toward the shore.

Once more, Thanks.
    Carlos

I think you misunderstood. In your other shot, with the sun's reflection I do like all the foreground. In this shot however, I find the foreground not so compelling.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    I think you misunderstood. In your other shot, with the sun's reflection I do like all the foreground. In this shot however, I find the foreground not so compelling.

My apology, I really misunderstood, I should have posted both together and simply classified them as 1 and 2 .
    No matter what, I explained the reasons for the second one, so it might be obvious now.
    Check what you said and repost if I like what I see.
    Thanks.thumb.gif
    Carlos
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    oh, and one more thing, your horizons are tilted slightly. More so in this image than the other. It's very very slight, but the brain picks it up as 'something off' even if the eye doesn't immediately see it. if you do any editing, you might want to correct that.
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    oh, and one more thing, your horizons are tilted slightly. More so in this image than the other. It's very very slight, but the brain picks it up as 'something off' even if the eye doesn't immediately see it. if you do any editing, you might want to correct that.

It was done, let me recheck it.!!!!!!

O.K. This is the version with 0.13 degree tilt and cropped a bit so there is not too much foreground and other side picture distractions.
    It looks like by cropping, somehow shadows got opened a bit, which I like.
    Thanks.
    Carlos
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2012
    Yaflyyadie wrote: »
    It was done, let me recheck it.!!!!!!

Thanks.
    Carlos

like I said, it's slight, quickly checking it took .6 degrees clockwise to correct.