17 Escapes

ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
edited July 23, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
New thread, some of the same submissions.

Having a hard time narrowing down my choices, so I need your help.

(Sorry to dump so many.)

1. Escape with the lead...
i-jW6XsLB-L.jpg

2. Escape with friends...
i-dWvRCB9-L.jpg

3. Escape with the one-percenters...
i-PmGvn2N-L.jpg
(note the water slide coming off the megayacht!)

4. Escape with the one-percenters, part 2...
i-PV7RtFH-L.jpg

5. Escape from the crowds...
i-MvgCqK9-L.jpg

6. What's SUP?
i-9cMQCWB-L.jpg

7. Sunfish-aided escape
i-PtLzRR5-L.jpg

8. Escape gravity...
i-pqTJj4J-L.jpg

Sorry there are so many. You see, I live where everyone goes to escape. There are vacation-related escape shots everywhere I look this time of the year. It's making it harder for me to tell which photo best represents the concept to others!

Thanks,

Greg
uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
ackdoc.com

Comments

• ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    And for a little fun...
    i-zJPgdPq-L.jpg
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    oh ...choose one? yeah, don't think THAT can happen...but the last is the pure definition of escape, to be sure!!!
  • ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    Yeah, if only I could find a fresh pic of a shark fin. Funny story. Our beaches closed yesterday when someone spotted a fin in the water. I went out with my kite camera (which is how I shot #5 above) and hovered over the questionable waters, snapping an exposure every 5 seconds. In one pic, I did indeed capture a 7-8 foot fish swimming below the surface, about 40 yrds off-shore. The local paper took that shot (seen here -- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3820684089091&set=a.1732564287401.91002.1637352473&type=1&theater_) and sent it to state wildlife people who determined that it was just on ocean sunfish. Beaches open today!
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2012
    Personally, I like #3!

Thought I was the only one here that also used kites. I would be 'EnvisionGear' and collaborative creator of the Anchor Wizard kite reel (Kite Wizard). Quite a welcome surprise to see KAP used in a challenge. thumb.gif

Congrats on the success of your Unidentified Fish Object photo. lol
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    I love your paddle boarder.... even better with the shark following!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited July 23, 2012
    Saw 7 in the gallery and the refrain "Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away..." (Enya's Orinoco Flow) entered my head. All great shots!