Options

iPhone / iPad workflows and SmugMug

shimrockshimrock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited August 10, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
Hi Everyone,

Being a total newbie to this forum, of course I had to come armed with an iPhone / iPad question until such point that I finally buy a serious camera -- you know the kind of camera you pick up and it yells "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" at you and then kicks you into a bottomless pit. At that point I'm sure I'll have some real zinger questions for you but for now I just have one...

THE BUILD UP: I'm currently taking all my photos and editing them right on my iphone 4s (sometimes turning them into photo art); as of yesterday I'm the proud new owner of The New iPad and will be moving my photo editing to that device for higher res results. With my photo library currently at over 18,000 photos, I'm filling up the hard drive of my old macbook pro, hence the interest in SmugMug.

QUESTION: What is the optimal way to configure my devices and workflow -- as well as SmugMug -- so that A) I'm able to continue to shoot my pics with my phone, B) stream them to my iPad for editing, C) back them up / upload them to SmugMug without D) losing any resolution or picture quality from the original shot or E) creating unwanted duplicates on any of my devices.

You guys are rockstars -- I appreciate any advice you care to give.

Cheers,

SHIMROCK

PS Attached is an example of what I've been doing on the iphone...

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,821 moderator
    edited July 19, 2012
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom forum, where we discuss hardware and workflow issues.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    shimrockshimrock Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 19, 2012
    Thx
    I'll look fwd to any suggestions.
  • Options
    DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2012
    Although I can't say that I've done very much editing on an iPad yet, iPhoto seems to be a pretty good option for adding an assortment of tweaks. You can wirelessly beam your photos taken on your iPhone to your iPad via wifi or blutooth, edit and then publish them to flicker or Facebook. Unfortunately smugmug doesn't seem to be an option for ipad iphoto or mac iphoto ATM (Andy...fingertap fingertapheadscratch.gif) but you could always add them via email uploading. It's not exactly perfect but you can do quite a bit for $4.99.
    Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited August 10, 2012
    I have a lot of photo processing apps on my iPhone and iPad. Two of my favorites are Snapseed and Camera Awesome! I know that Camera Awesome makes it easy to post on SmugMug (as well as facebook, etc.) but I don't usually upload directly from the iPad or iPhone to SmugMug. Hope this is helpful to you!