Options

Ordering Panoramas

WaskitheSquirrelWaskitheSquirrel Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited July 22, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm new to contributing to this forum, but I have been a reader. My photography is fairly eclectic, with a lot of it high school activities. For reasons related to my job as a teacher, I do not sell pictures except at cost or to the local newspaper. Usually I let parents just download the pictures from a "private gallery" with a public gallery available for viewing only, and this is where the problem comes in.

Last night, just to see if I could, I created this monstrosity out of 7 sequential pictures:

pitcher-L.jpg

The problem is, the mother of this boy likes it and wants to make a poster. I tried out the panorama options on it, and they don't work. If I were allowed to make prints with margins, I could do it, but I can't seem adjust the crop outside the picture.

For the private side, I use BayPhoto as my lab. Is there an option for printing this entire picture either on SmugMug or elsewhere? Or have I created a monster?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Great shot!

If you wish to order the photo fit to the print size you selected, just make use of the no crop option showing for each item in the shopping cart. For more information on cropping, take a look here.

In regards to the panoramic sizes, did you check out the 5x30 print size from BayPhoto in the panoramic section? Though that may be too wide for your purposes. Or do you maybe still have some room for a wider crop to get a bit more of height?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    WaskitheSquirrelWaskitheSquirrel Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2012
    Great shot!

If you wish to order the photo fit to the print size you selected, just make use of the no crop option ...

Thank-you, that was perfect! 5x30 was a bit too long, but I'll play around with a few sizes so I can give the mother a few options. Funny, I saw that option, and never even considered it.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2012
    You're welcome. And yes, I kind of ignored the size as well. Only at the third lab's catalog I looked at, it occurred to me as a possible viable option.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero