Circus Success

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited November 14, 2005 in People
I photographed my 4th circus this past week. All three of the previous trips were simply aweful. I mean, yeah, my kids had a great time...but we all know that going to the Circus is all about the photography (grin).

Here's a shot from 2001, my first circus, and my tool was the Nikon Coolpix 990.

medium.jpg

This is not the worst photo of the batch by any means. It is among the best from that set.

Fast forward 2 years to 2003, and I have my hand on the ground breaking sub $1,000 DSLR, the Canon Digital rebel. I think I had my 50mm f1.8 lens.

medium.jpg

Much better -- but not really good.

Fast forward again to this past week. Somewhere along the lines there's a circus I went to and either did not shoot, or did not keep the photos because, although my wife and I _know_ we went to another one, we have no evidence of it :)

Now I'm shooting with my Canon 20D and Canon 85mm f1.8. I've shot over 100,000 photos in this time and have worked hard on my craft. And finally, I was able to create photographs that please me very much.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I've posted multiple thousands of photos on my webiste...this is the first time I've ever worried about watermarking them. Those are just two of a complete set of wonderful photos. I put them in a slideshow: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2462260&alb=0

I know I haven't "arrived"...but you'll pardon me if I sound a bit self congratulatory. To go into a situation in which you've failed time and again, and finally to have over come...well, lets just say I _did_ please myself (smile)

Lee

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    leebase wrote:
    I photographed my 4th circus this past week. All three of the previous trips were simply aweful. I mean, yeah, my kids had a great time...but we all know that going to the Circus is all about the photography (grin).

Here's a shot from 2001, my first circus, and my tool was the Nikon Coolpix 990.

This is not the worst photo of the batch by any means. It is among the best from that set.

Fast forward 2 years to 2003, and I have my hand on the ground breaking sub $1,000 DSLR, the Canon Digital rebel. I think I had my 50mm f1.8 lens.

Much better -- but not really good.

Fast forward again to this past week. Somewhere along the lines there's a circus I went to and either did not shoot, or did not keep the photos because, although my wife and I _know_ we went to another one, we have no evidence of it :)

Now I'm shooting with my Canon 20D and Canon 85mm f1.8. I've shot over 100,000 photos in this time and have worked hard on my craft. And finally, I was able to create photographs that please me very much.

I've posted multiple thousands of photos on my webiste...this is the first time I've ever worried about watermarking them. Those are just two of a complete set of wonderful photos. I put them in a slideshow: http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2462260&alb=0

I know I haven't "arrived"...but you'll pardon me if I sound a bit self congratulatory. To go into a situation in which you've failed time and again, and finally to have over come...well, lets just say I _did_ please myself (smile)

Lee
    Hi Lee (my son's name is Lee :)

yep.. quite a difference.. I really like the last one of the crowd..wish it were a bit larger tho..thumb.gif
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Lee (my son's name is Lee :)
    I think half the population is named Lee....but most Lee's have it as their middle name (as I do) and go by their first instead ;)
    lynnma wrote:
    yep.. quite a difference.. I really like the last one of the crowd..wish it were a bit larger tho..thumb.gif
    Well....it's REALLY large...no cropping on that one...so I have a full 8mp photo.

large.jpg

Here it is a bit larger.

Lee